- Teetering on the brink of financial collapse, seeking an orderly wind-down to avert administration.
- Axing 3,000 jobs.
- 164 (28%) of its care homes in England breached CQC standards, that is, impositions imposed for " non-routine conditions."
- Ready to relinquish control of more than 250 homes to landlords.
- Cannot meet its £230m yearly rent bill.
- Rival operators (Bupa, Four Seasons & Bondcare) are ready to (cherry) pick off the most profitable outlets.
Dave and NHS Reforms
- "Our changes will secure fair competition – not cherry picking … …"
Business and Profit
- Every business operates to make a profit.
- A business might have other goals but if they do not make a profit they will have to close.
- A business operating in a NHS market must cherry pick to make a profit otherwise it will have to close.
The last bullet point is rather simplified and does not take into account as to whether a business is a small local company or a large national or multi-national, nevertheless whether a business is large or small it will cherry pick - it would be foolish not to.