Sunday 16 February 2020

Mishunderstood



She had heard it all before.  "Déjà moo.  Déjà moo," she sneered in a dreary bored tone that perfectly reflected her present feelings for him.   Bastard!  Bastard!  Bastard!  “You drink too much and I hate you when you’re like this!” he had said as he pushed her away.

She had loved him and still did, oh how much she still wanted him, arsehole that he was.  Like her, he was a member of the burgeoning community of ad hoc families that were spreading like an unwanted disease in the empty houses that littered the right side of town.  The more the squatters moved in, the more those who considered themselves respectable moved out.

He didn’t understand that drink sharpened her mind, made her more creative, esemplastic as her diverse extraordinary thoughts melded into one.  He didn’t realise that she needed the drink to create her masterpiece.

She gazed at him scornfully as he lay stoned sleeping on the bare mattress, sharing his bed with fellow half-stoned druggies, life’s freeloaders and gypsy hearts that inhabited their sleazy little world.  Bloody hypocrite!

Bastard, bastard, bastard!, she thought as she staggered over to the dark corner that served as her “office” slugging at the bottle that served her imagination.  Bastard, bastard, bastard!  I’ll show ya!  I’ll write the damn book!    She took the grubby sheet of A4 and slid it into the old pink typewriter and her fingers began touch typing, tapping out her masterpiece.

Capter One

Christine decide yjsy djr epi;f yitm dkre[o’fyoymjker … … … …

… … … …

Anna :o]

(This is not about me she said (hic!))

Shared with the good folk at the Writers Pantry #7 at Poets and Storytellers United, hosted by the lovely Sanaa.- cheers Sanaa!

Image:  Courtesy of Flickr  Creative Commons, "drunk unicorn" by Tom Frisch is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 2.0

21 comments:

Anthony North said...

Great last line. I can write like that without drink or drugs at times. Nice one.

Sanaa Rizvi said...

Sometimes we need to shut out the negativity that surrounds us in order to follow our calling. The girl in the story is determined and strong. I am sure she will get through!💝 Cheers, Anna!🍹

Kim M. Russell said...

I don't need drink to type like that either. My fingers do it on their own, or with the help of the Kindle gremlins!

Thotpurge said...

Oh that post script is fantastic!

indybev said...

You sent me to the dictionary with "esemplastic"! A dark tale with a kicker ending!

C. Sandlin said...

All the stories buried in that last line...

Audrey Howitt aka Divalounger said...

Yup--many a writer has written stories that started with this last line I think--great write!

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Hard to know whether to laugh or cry.

She's going to be awfully disappointed in the morning ... she'll need a drink to console herself....

Rommy said...

Thank goodness drink mostly knocks me out, or who knows what sort of crazy might spring forth from my keyboard.

Gillena Cox said...

Wow the lazt 😊 ljne helped me to exhale

Much❤love

Vivian Zems said...

This was a delight to read. Lol!!.."Capter One"....made me laugh, as well as the genius writing that follows :)

Joel (@Stranded Tree) said...

I'm reading this while having a pint. Is there some sort of duality here?
A bit of a sad story but a chuckle at the end. Well done.

Old Egg said...

I am sure she will love what she has written even though no one else does! What a good laugh!

Colleen Looseleaf said...

Gonna tell on him? They were made for each other!

dsnake1 said...

oh, i write like that sometimes, and i am not even been drinking. :)
i guess each one has their special way of coaxing their muse.
great story! "deja moo", i like that.

Susie Clevenger said...

Love it...although I can type like that stone sober. I do have a glass of wine on occasion to lure my muse into giving me words to write.

Jim said...

I like this chapter, Anne.
There but for a couple of women's love and Gid's desire would be me. I had written about your characters but Google shut me down when I refused the B word that your heroine used your times in a row. Yes, lots of scooters around U.K, London, I know.

Jim said...

I like this chapter, Anne. 
There but for a couple of women's love and God's desire would be me. I had written about your characters but Google shut me down when it refused the B word that your heroine used four times in a row.
Yes, lots of scooters around U.K, London, I know.
..

Heidi said...

I love it, Anna. The ending got me. hugs! heidi

Chatty Crone said...

You must be writing a book - interesting.

purplepeninportland.com said...

I love this, Anna. Never push your lifestyle opinions on anyone.