Monday 19 March 2012

Democracy is Dead.

Armed Police at Save the NHS protest - photo by heardinlondon
On Saturday several hundred people protested against the Health and Social Care Bill and gathered in front of the Ministry of Health.  Armed police were in attendance.  You might not know anything about this protest for it was not reported.  Why?

Visit the good Dr No and read For You, The Democracy is Over at Bad Medicine and also the good Julie and read The Death of Democracy at Campaigning for Health.

Tonight there will be 25 NHS Candlelit Vigils nationwide - I wonder if they will be reported?  I wonder if armed police and the riot squads will be in attendance?

Be afraid, very afraid - for democracy is dead.

Anna :o[

5 comments:

Julie said...

I think we are going to see riots this year, as the effects of the HSCB kick in. I'm really glad I'm not living in London; as the hospitals shut there, things are going to kick off badly. I cannot believe that someone let those idiots stroll into the middle of an NHS demo with a machine gun. Just can't believe it.

Jenny Woolf said...

That is shocking. I'm speechless.

NorthernTeacher said...

Anna, thanks for the post and the links. I am late - the vote was last night and the government won.

RIP NHS

hyperCRYPTICal said...

Julie - I think you may well be correct in your forecast of trouble ahead... maybe we will see the machine guns again...

Jenny - It is indeed shocking!

Northern Teacher - The government indeed won and we, the general public have lost - not many of us realise this as yet...

Anna :o[

Anonymous said...

Our great public will not blame the government. They will abuse and blame the nurses and doctors for poor care and failure to communicate with the fragmented privatised bits