Thursday 2 March 2017

Struggling


I’m struggling you know, struggling with being me, timid little mouse that I am, forever nibbling at my nails until the blood runs and the pain soothes and the heart aches.

All I want is to be liked.

Anna :o]

Frank at dVerse has us writing prose poetry and above is my contribution.  I wasn’t going to enter as I am not quite sure  what I think of prose poetry… however, when I was just about to move away from beloved PC,  the word ‘struggling’ jumped out at me from some TV programme serving as a background noise, and well, my head became full of other words and so joining in I am!

Please know the words are not about me.

Image: Courtesy of Wikimedia Commons

Author:  Vinc3PaulS

15 comments:

brudberg said...

What a poignant little piece.. I think so many girls are struggling with this....

Frank Hubeny said...

That was a very descriptive piece done in so few words. I am glad you got the inspiration to write and post it even at the last minute.

indybev said...

I'm so glad it isn't you, this timid and wounded spirit of which you write so eloquently. Your words touched me.

Amaya said...

Just how I feel today. Chin up, chica, you're not alone.

Glenn Buttkus said...

Tasty & heartfelt, this lovely morsel of brevity could be for a little boy--of course that little boy was never me.

Grace said...

Very emotional and raw as one's struggles with fear and everyday life ~

Kim M. Russell said...

The best things tend to come in small packages, Anna! You've packed emotion with repetition of the word 'struggling' and the internal rhyme with 'nibbling', balancing the pain and its release in one sentence! I like the comparison with a mouse.

Jane Dougherty said...

Short but oh so deep. That's all we need to know. Makes me want to reach out and give that little person a big hug.

annell4 said...

This seems sad...and possibly we are afraid to be sad?

Martin said...

Poignant indeed!

Victoria Ceretto-Slotto said...

I also thought of the word poignant. In very few brief words you captured that, as well as an emotion that, to some extent, most of us "struggle" with at some point in our lives. To me, tight writing is a sign of expertise.

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

I'm glad it's not about you – and it's a brilliant prose-poem, no worse for being brief.

kaykuala said...

That's perfect prose poetry Hank would think.

Hank

Angela Kay said...

So few words speak so loudly! I think so many can relate to this. I'm so happy you shared.

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Haunting, beautiful, and sad...